Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blogger Beta [86/100]

My first impressions of the beta version of blogger I would state to be very good. The new template and page design drag & drop manipulation are an excellent help for everyone who does not want to spend hours over HTML hard coding.


Yet, please be aware that all of your adjustments will be lost and that should you want to enter something by hand you cannot do it on the template HTML any more but only by adding special HTML/JavaScript snippets.

Another thing to notice is that eversince I joined Blogger Beta I cannot seem to post a comment on many blogs! All I get is an error message about some technician that will fix the problem so that I will be able to comment again...:

Error

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it.


The most probable reason for this that I could come up with would be my using of the Blogger beta because I can post on beta users' blogs without any hassle.

Regarding how to tell beta blogs from old ones, just look at the archive links. Old blogger uses text links whereas blogger beta uses expandable links [like the ones on this blog].

No comments: