Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Windows Media Player 11: a must have [90/100]

I must say that I always loathed Microsoft Windows Media Players. Since Windows 98 with its greyish windows-styled appearance until recently in release 10.

It was always changing drastically [if not completely] from release to release and never user-friendly enough so as to prefer it over, say, Winamp. Let alone the fact that should Microsoft incorporate some really useful and facilitating to the use of the software feature, that was removed on the very next release!

However, with Windows Media Player 11 the above do not hold true. It is the very first time I actually not only use it, but use it as my main media player!!! A really lightweight application with an intuitive and beautiful interface plus the best, handiest and most functional library seen on media software to date.

The one feature I did not like is the home page of Windows Media having been removed but in any case I had never personally used this one.

No comments: